It is our goal to make every effort to ensure that you are pleased with the projects you purchase on Stoor! Since all of our projects are digital and cannot be returned, we want to do our best to help you get your purchase up and running.
If you’re experiencing a technical issue with your purchase
If you’re experiencing a technical issue with a project, please contact the Studio Owner, and they’ll be happy to help you. Our independent Studio Owners take great pride in providing projects that are high quality and easy to use, so they’re always happy to help! On the rare occasion you do not hear back from a Studio Owner after 48 business hours, please submit a ticket and we’ll help contact them on your behalf.
Additionally, in an effort to provide you easy solutions to common technical issues that may arise with your purchased item(s), we’ve provided some quick resources in this article. We also offer other helpful resources you can use to troubleshoot project issues in this section of our Help Center.
We offer the following exchange policy:
- I’ve purchased the wrong version of a project. If you’d like to exchange a project from the same studio because you bought the wrong version (such as Revit instead of ArchiCAD, etc), we’d be happy to facilitate an exchange. Please purchase the project you intended to purchase from the same studio, then write in to let us know which version you meant to buy so we can process the refund.
- I’ve purchased a project from one studio, but found a project from a different studio I like better. Though we do not offer refunds for the original purchase in these cases, please drop us a note, and we’ll be happy to offer you an alternate solution!
Because the projects we offer are digital and cannot be returned, your purchase is only eligible for a refund in the following situations:
- You purchased two licenses for the same project, accidentally. We would be happy to refund you for the duplicate purchase(s). Just drop us a note here!
- There is a technical problem with the project that the Studio Owner cannot resolve. Again, you should contact the Studio Owner with specific information about the technical issue. However, if you and the seller encounter a consistently reproducible error with the project files that cannot be resolved by the seller, please let us know. Note: Projects with alleged technical issues will only be eligible for a refund when sufficient information is provided regarding how the error was created.
- The project was misrepresented in the description. We consider an item to be “misrepresented” when the delivered item does not match the described function in the project description, or when an item stated to be included is not delivered. Misrepresentation does not include subjective opinions on the quality or appearance of an item.
- For example: An item would be misrepresented if the project description promised architectural + MEP Revit model, but the delivered project shows only architectural model. A project would NOT be misrepresented if a buyer believes that the item “doesn’t look good” or “isn’t high quality compared to other items purchased.”
We’re unable to process refunds in the following situations:
- You (or your client) no longer need the purchased project.
- You found another project you like better, or you’ve changed your mind. However, you can learn more about our Exchange Policy here.
- You don’t have sufficient expertise to use the project.
- You don’t have the correct software (described in the listing) to open and edit the project.
- You bought an item by accident.
- You feel that the item is of low quality.
- You got charged for a Free Project that expired or is past its promotional date. Please note that our active free project display a button that says “Download Free” during their promotional week. If you see the same button instead labeled “Buy Now” or “Finish Purchase,” you will be charged, since the item is not an active free project. You can learn more about our Free Projects here.
- You are having trouble downloading the project because your internet is not fast enough, is not stable, cannot handle a large download, or similar issues related to your internet service. Please see this article for tips to troubleshoot these issues.
- You claim the item is experiencing a technical issue, but are unable or unwilling to provide sufficient evidence for the technical issue.
- Your project purchase was made over 30 days ago.
Before you ask for a refund from an author
If you have purchased an item from our “Web Themes and Templates” or “Code” category on Envato Market and you are experiencing a technical issue with the item we recommend that you contact the author of that item and seek assistance. Often they’ll be able to help to troubleshoot your problem.
Asking for refunds from authors via the Envato platform
We understand, however, that sometimes the author may not be able to solve your issue or there may be circumstances in which a refund is warranted. In this case, here are the circumstances in which we would expect an author to provide you with a refund:
Item is “not as described” or the item doesn’t work the way it should.
If an item doesn’t work the way it should then the author is required to promptly fix the issue by updating the item. An item is “not as described” if it is materially different from the item description or preview. If the issue can’t be fixed or it turns out that the item is “not as described” then you would be entitled to a refund from the author.
Item has a security vulnerability
If an item contains a security vulnerability and can’t easily be fixed you would be entitled to a refund from the author. If the item can be fixed, then the author should do so promptly by updating the item. If the item contains a security vulnerability that is not patched in an appropriate timeframe then we would expect the author to provide a refund for the item.
Item support is promised but not provided
If an author advertises their item as including item support, you have a current support entitlement, and you are not provided that support in accordance with the item support policy the author should provide you with a refund.
Item support extension not used
If you purchase an item support extension and request a refund of that extension before your existing item support expires we would expect the author to provide you with a refund of that item support extension.
Items that have not been downloaded
çIf you have not downloaded a purchased item within 3 months from the date of purchase, you may be eligible for a refund. You will be required to provide the author of that item your purchase code in order for the author to verify your claim that you have not downloaded an item. Although we think 3 months is a reasonable time, depending on where you are located, you might have a longer period to claim a refund if you have purchased for personal use and haven’t downloaded the item.
Resolving disputes – asking Envato to help
If you and an author can’t come to an agreement about a refund, you can raise a dispute and have Envato investigate the matter. We may ask you to provide supporting documentation or evidence. Any refund issued by Envato is entirely discretionary. We will make a decision based on all available information and you agree that our decision is final.
Neither Envato nor authors are obliged to give policy refunds in any of the situations listed below.
- You don’t want it after you’ve downloaded it
- The item did not meet your expectations or you feel the item is of low quality
- You simply change your mind
- You bought an item by mistake
- You do not have sufficient expertise to use the item
- You claim that you are entitled to a refund but do not provide sufficient information as to why you are entitled to a refund
- You can no longer access the item because it has been removed or the author who previously provided the item is no longer active on our platform (we advise you to download items as soon as you have purchased them to avoid this situation).
Chargeback & Dispute Policy
We’re committed to making sure you have a great experience on Stoor, so if you have any questions or issues with your purchase, we’d love to hear from you as soon as possible so we can help you resolve the issue. We try to respond to most inquiries via the ticket form within 24 hours during our business hours of Monday-Friday, 9-5 PST.
If you need a refund for a purchase, please make sure you’ve read through our Refund Policy before sending us a refund request.
Please note that we will permanently close accounts from which we have received any chargebacks. Previous purchases will no longer be available for access in this case. Any Stripe disputes will automatically disable your account until the dispute is resolved.
I filed a dispute via Stripe. Why haven’t I gotten a response?
The best way to contact Stoor about any purchase issue is to contact us via our Ticket Form here. Any disputes we receive through Stripe will automatically disable your account until the dispute is resolved. We’ll be happy to resolve any duplicate purchases and other issues, but you will need to contact us via the Ticket Form.
What if I filed a chargeback on accident?
Please contact your bank / card issuer or Stripe to rescind the chargeback. Once the chargeback has been removed, we will be able to re-open your account.
I didn’t file a chargeback! Why is my account closed?
Sometimes if a card gets canceled due to being stolen/lost or has been reported to have fraudulent activity, a bank or card issuer can sometimes mark all transactions in a specific time period as “fraudulent”. If this is the case for you, please contact your bank or card issuer to rescind the chargeback.
Share this article