What Does Personal use mean?
For a use to be considered “Personal” it must meet ALL THREE of the following:
- The use must not involve an exchange of money
- The use must not promote a business entity (including non-profit businesses)
- The use must not directly or indirectly result in financial gain
If any one or more of the criteria is not met, then the use is deemed “commercial”. (see commercial license FAQ)
Can I still create physical or digital End products with a Personal license?
✅Yes, you may create physical End products, not for resale or wholesale such as, but not limited to:
For Non-commercial use only.
✅Yes, you may create product packaging for Non-Commercial Use such as, but not limited to:
For any number of separate End products for Non-commercial use only.
✅Yes, you may create digital products for Non-Commercial Use such as but not limited to:
- static designs
- static website elements
- etc …
for Non-commercial use only.
✅Yes, you may create digital or Print Publication for Non-Commercial Use such as but not limited to:
- photo albums
- ebooks / e-publications
❌Use of embedded fonts (or web fonts) is not allowed unless the Studio Owner specifically states that such is allowed for the Licensed Asset in the Studio Owner’s store on Stoor.
Can I use a personal license for my social media account?
✅Yes, you may use assets purchased with a personal license for one personal or individual social media account (not on a company or business social media page) for Non-commercial use. For commercial Use in personal or individual social media account, you need to purchase a Standard License.
Can I use a personal license for Streaming of Motion Picture and Audiovisual Content?
✅Yes, Streaming via the internet of motion picture and audiovisual works, excluding advertisements, is permitted for Non-commercial use only. There is no limit on lifetime viewers for Non-commercial use.
What is not allowed by the Personal license?
- ❌Use your End product for a commercial use
- ❌Offer on-demand applications, like Print-on-Demand and Create-on-Demand Services, even for non-commercial use
- ❌Website software development, mobile app development, desktop application development, video game development
- ❌Physical (printed, paid or unpaid) advertising, such as billboards, signage, printed advertisement, etc. are prohibited for Commercial use or Non-commercial use.
- ❌Use the asset as part of a trademark, service mark, design mark, trade name, business name, logo, or similar use.
- ❌Claim the Licensed Asset itself as its own copyrighted work.
- ❌Use as web fonts or embedded fonts. You may not embed a License Asset that is a font, including without limitation within a website, e-book, or e-publication for Commercial use or Non-commercial use unless the Studio Owner specifically states that such is allowed for the Licensed Asset in the Studio Owner’s store on Stoor.
- ❌Trademark an End Product. Licensed Asset may not be used as part of a trademark, service mark, design mark, trade-name. In no event does this License Agreement allow Licensee to — and Licensee shall not seek to — register, protect, or enforce any trademark or similar rights in the Licensed Asset.
- ❌Copyright an End Product. Licensee may not claim the Licensed Asset (or a modification thereof) as its own copyrighted work (the original Licensed Asset must be disclaimed in any copyright registration).
❌The license is limited to the expressly permitted uses stated in this License Agreement: future-existing technologies and uses are expressly reserved and not included within the scope of the license.
To read all the prohibited uses of the Personal license read the full license terms
❌ At no time can you:
- Resell or sub-License the Licensed Asset as in a way that is directly competitive with the original Licensed Asset.
- Resell any modification of the asset on its own.
- Make the asset public or share the asset in any way.
- Use the Licensed Asset in pornographic, fraudulent, immoral, infringing, illegal, harassing, offensive, or defamatory material
- Falsely represent authorship and/or ownership of the Licensed Asset
- Any other use that is not expressly permitted in the license terms (Permitted Uses and Quantity/Impression Limitations) is strictly prohibited.
Please read all the Personal license terms to learn more about all the permissions and restrictions for this license.
Share this article