When you Add a new Project, you’ll be taken to our Product Manager to get started. Each required field is marked with a small orange icon. You can hover over this icon for more details.
Adding a project category
- Categorize your project. Be sure you categorize your project correctly! We want to eliminate as much frustration as we can and provide the best customer experience possible.
- Click on "Select"
Adding a project short description
This short description is the information about your project that customer see first, just next to the project pictures. You can describe shortly what you customers are going to find inside your project. This description might say:
- Software used
- Download File size
- Year of completion
Adding a project description
Here is where you describe your project. Be creative and sell your project as you only know! Here some recommendations:
- Make your listing clear and easy to understand
- Describe what files are included
- You may find it beneficial to state what is not included also
- Answer questions in your listing that you think your customers will ask
- Note software requirements (for example, "This project requires Autodesk Revit, Solibri," etc)
- It might even be beneficial to state what software will not support your project as well (for example, "Sorry! This RVT is not supported by ArchiCAD" etc)
Formatting your project description
We currently support Italic text, Bold text, Lists, and horizontal lines. To format your text in one of these ways, use this markdown:
- *Italic* > Italic
- **Bold** > Bold
- --- for a horizontal line
- To make a bullet list, you must start on an empty new line. Start each item on the list with an asterisk ‘*’ or a ‘-‘ followed by a blank space.
Paragraphs and line breaks
Markdown will not consider a simple new line as an actual line break. This lets you add as many line breaks as you want when editing your description, but might not achieve the result you wanted.
To create a new paragraph, leave an empty line between 2 sections of text. To force a line break without having the spacing incurred by a new paragraph, finish your line with 2 or more blank spaces.
Adding a live preview
The following files support live previews:
- Autodesk Revit Autodesk Viewer
- PDF > PDF Viewer
- Templates >
To add a live preview, just follow the steps below:
- Click Add Product from your Studio page
- Select any of the categories/subcategories listed above
- Click the drop-down on right-hand side of the screen for Add Property
- Select Preview URL and add a link that shows your project in action.
- Finish uploading the rest of the project and save your project for sale! The live preview will appear under your project’s main display.
Adding a video
You may use a video from Youtube or Vimeo as one of your displays! Just follow these steps to add a video preview that helps enhance your listing:
NOTE: Your video must be a public video. Sorry, unlisted or private videos will not work here!
- Visit the video on YouTube or Vimeo.
- Click “Share” below the video.
- (YouTube) Copy the link that appears.
- (Vimeo) A small modal will appear. Copy the link beside “Link” at the top.
- In your new project listing, paste the link in the display field that says “Embed YouTube or Vimeo Video URL.”
- The video will appear as one of your displays when you click elsewhere in your listing.
- You can add another video by clicking “Add image”, then clicking Cancel.
NOTE: If you add a video, you must also include at least one static screenshot in order to save the project for sale.
Pricing your item
Once you’ve chosen your project’s category/subcategory, you will need to set a Regular Price and a Selling Price for your project. Regular Price means the price your project normally would have, and Selling Price means which price you are going to actually sell it.
However, we encourage you to price your item in a way that you feel fairly compensates you for your time, effort, and expertise. Only you know what that is!
Adding Downloadable Files to your project
You will need to follow these steps:
- Fill in a Name for your Download Button.
- Add your File URL, where your customers will access just after making a purchase. We encourage you using a Google Drive to save your project and sharing a Link to your project folder.
- Leave Download Limit and Expiry as they are, in Unlimited and Never.
Note: Changing Download Limit and Expiry values won't allow your past customers to download that project from their purchases. Please consider this before changing Download Limit and Expiry values, as customers expect to be able to download their past purchases at any time!¡
- Leave Tax Status on Taxable and Tax Class on Standard.
✅ Virtual: virtual products are intangible and are not shipped
✅ Downloadable: downloadable products give access to a file upon a purchase
Adding screenshots to your project
You can add up to 10 screenshots per project listing. To add a screenshot, just click “Add Media” near the top center of the listing editor. Here are our requirements for screenshots:
- Screenshots must be at least 580px by 386px in dimensions. We recommend at least 1820px wide for best results.
- Screenshots must be smaller than 5MB in file size
- We accept .JPG, .PNG, or .GIF formats
- You must include at least 1 screenshot per listing besides any videos (e.g 1+ screenshot(s), or 1+ screenshot(s) + 1 video)
Screenshots that fall outside of the bounds above may generate an “Invalid signature error.”
Screenshots do not have to fall within the ratio above! You can create extra long displays, to show off your project features or optimize your project for Pinterest. You can do this by creating a tall image in Photoshop or Illustrator. Keep in mind that display images must be less than 5MB, and only the top portion of your screenshot will be displayed in our thumbnails across the site. However, the customers can check out your entire screenshot by clicking on the screenshot.
Adding tags to your project
You can type tags in the tag field at the very bottom of the listing editor. These can be one at a time (hitting enter between tags) or separated by commas. Make sure you hit enter to apply them! You'll see your new tags appear at the bottom of the page after hitting enter.
You can learn more about how our search algorithms use tags and other project information to display projects in search results by reading this discussion!
Adding Project SEO information to your project
You can read this article about SEO Information in our Help Center
Saving your project for sale
When you’ve filled out your listing completely, toggle the state to Live, then click Submit at the far right. All of the required fields (showing an orange icon to the left) must be completed (the orange icon will turn green) before you can save your project for sale.
Click Close to view your listed project. Congrats! You're done listing your project, and you can start promoting it.