Our Studio Updates feature is a perfect way to promote your projects to all of your followers! It’s helpful if you’d like to:
- Tell all of your followers about your latest New Project!
- Run a limited time sale or Discount on a project
- Announce a Project Update
To post a Studio Update, just follow these steps:
- Visit Studio Updates and click “Got an update to share?”
- Select a post type from New Project, Discount, or Project Update
- Click Link to a project in the middle. You can use the search to locate the title of the project you’d like to promote. When you’ve selected the project to promote, the main display image of the project will be shown.
- Add a title to the post! This can be 36 characters or less.
- Write a brief message describing the update to your followers. This should be 200 characters or less and should describe the most important details of your update. Be creative and have fun! Emoji are supported here. 😃
- Click “Update” when you’re done!
You can also post a studio update directly from a project page.
This method may be preferred if you’ve just made updates to your project- like changing the price or adding new features- and you want to let your followers know. Just click Update Followers, and you’ll be directed to the Studio Updates post editor. You can follow the same steps as above. The post type will default to the type of post suggested on the project page, but you can change it when you’re working on your post.
We’ve also written a helpful discussion post all about studio updates.
Q: Who will see my Studio Updates?
A: All your posts will appear in the Studio Updates feed of your followers! Additionally, an email will be sent out every Sunday to all of your followers who subscribe to Studio Updates, notifying them of top updates from Studio Owners they follow.
Q: Can I set my entire Studio on sale at once?
A: We don't currently offer a tool that will do this. We recommend using our Studio Updates tool to promote individual projects for the time being. Do be aware that flooding the Studio Updates feature may result in a decrease of followers. You can review the Studio Updates Guidelines on this page.
Q: How do I set a project on sale?
A: You can run discounts on your projects by following these steps:
- Change the price in your listing.
- In your description, include a statement about the details of the sale/discount. Best practices are: include the original price, sale price, level of discount, sale duration, etc
- Save your project as for sale
- Click "Update Followers" and use our Studio updates tool to describe the update.
Q: Can I create my own promo codes?
A: Sorry! We don't currently offer a tool to generate Studio-specific promo codes.